We Help & Support Newcomers Settle in Canada and Reach Their Potential and be a part of a Healthy Community
Settlement & Support
We provide settlement assistance to newcomers. We assists refugee claimants with completing their applications for asylum, as well as other settlement issues such as dealing with social services and other local, provincial, and federal organizations.
In addition, we provide general settlement support including:
• Information and referrals about community and government services such as healthcare, housing, legal, education, translation,
• Information and referral with finding a job or accessing training and skills development programs
• Help filling out forms and applications
Our Orientation program provides settlement and integration services to newcomers by providing the information and resources they need to better understand how to successfully settle in Canada.
Language/SkillsDevelopment Program initiated in 1992, provides language instruction and training to adult newcomers in English to facilitate their social, cultural and economic integration into Canadian society.
Our connections and settlement services are offered to newcomers, immigrants, citizens and refugees, and customized programming is available to women, youth and seniors. Settlement support services include the following:
• Needs assessment and referral
• Information and awareness
• Orientation to the local environment
• Linkages with the community and resources
• Assistance with applications on settlement areas
• Interpretation and translation
• Group activities/sessions for information dissemination, social/networking support and promoting cross-cultural awareness
Ark newcomers settlement organization experts understand the needs of immigrants and can help you learn what Canadian employers want newcomers to know about getting a job in Canada! An individualized meeting to review your employment goals, Canadian occupation knowledge and current job search strategies.
Build Strong Community
We provide services to assisting Canadians and individuals wanting to immigrate to Canada. Our expertise and knowlege of the Canadian and Provincial Government’s rules and processes will enable us to guide you through your application to immigrate to Canada.